Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
For roughly 2.5 hours on Aug. 4, Premier Scott Moe, assisted by MLAs Daryl Harrison (Cannington) and Steven Bonk (Moosomin), took questions from the floor at a town hall meeting in Arcola. The session continued until they basically ran out of questions.
One question centred on refining our oil product and access to markets. Moe touched on value added processing and a recent micro refinery near Kerrobert. Unfortunately, the microphone did not pick up the follow up question.
Harrison spoke about how oil and gas has been affected by uncertainty from the federal government.
Moe noted how one Saskatchewan farmer recently told the federal agriculture minister, “The biggest risks to my current enterprise is government policies.”
Moe said, “That’s true in the energy industry, electricity industry, and, most certainly, is coming true in the agriculture industry as well. It needs to change.”
Here’s that portion of the town hall, unedited.
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0050 Pride Upkeep lawn0050 Pride Upkeep lawn
- 0048 Hutts Trucking Safety0048 Hutts Trucking Safety
- 0047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 20230047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 2023
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02
Arcola town hall: Scott Moe on loss of Ceres canola crush plant, carbon credits, agricultural zero till, oil and gas
Arcola town hall: Scott Moe on fuel prices, possible cash to the people, carbon tax, separation, fertilizer, and energy security
Poilievre skips Conservative leadership debate, shows up in Weyburn, Estevan, Regina and Moosomin instead