The announcement was made a day after Alberta’s 45 wind farms spread across the southern part of the province produced next to zero power for 12 hours. For over 40 minutes, the 1,519 wind turbines in Alberta were producing net zero power whatsoever. For those 12 hours, the 4,481 megawatts of installed wind power were generating under 10 megawatts.
Editor’s note: Saskatchewan Minister of Energy and Resources Jim Reiter sent two letters in February to federal Minister of Environment and Climate Change Steven Guilbeault regarding climate change initiatives that will have a detrimental impact o the province’s oil and gas industry. Pipeline Online is republishing both letters. This letter, republished verbatim, focuses on the Methane 75 regulations, introduced by Guilbeault just before Christmas last year.
Editor’s note: Saskatchewan Minister of Energy and Resources Jim Reiter sent two letters in February to federal Minister of Environment and Climate Change Steven Guilbeault regarding climate change initiatives that will have a detrimental impact to the province’s oil and gas industry. Pipeline Online is republishing both letters. This letter, republished verbatim, focuses on the proposed oil and gas emissions cap, introduced by Guilbeault Dec. 7 last year.
On Feb. 21, Alberta Premier Danielle Smith addressed her province, saying that her government would be essentially going all-in on revitalizing that province’s sovereign wealth fund, and using it, as Norway has, to level off the roller coaster of resource royalties. Perhaps ironically, Norway’s massive sovereign wealth fund was originally modelled on Alberta’s. And that fund is now worth US$1.42 trillion dollars (with a “t”).
So what about Saskatchewan?
Editor’s note: In Pipeline Online’s continuing mission to ensure all Canadians know exactly what Minister of Environment and Climate Change Steven Guilbeault thinks our nation should do to save the planet, here is his press release of Feb. 16 announcing an update to the proposed Clean Electricity Regulations (CER). If implemented, the CER will be one of the most impactful actions made by a federal government in decades, affecting almost every element of society and the economy.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior