Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
For roughly 2.5 hours, Premier Scott Moe, assisted by MLAs Daryl Harrison (Cannington) and Steven Bonk (Moosomin) took questions from the floor at a town hall meeting in Arcola. The session continued until they basically ran out of questions.
Asked by Gordon Dixon, a farmer, about rising fuel prices and the federal carbon tax, Premier Moe hinted at possible options including looking at fuel taxes, possible cash refunds to the population, and deficit repayment. He also tackled the concept of Saskatchewan separating from Canada, federal jurisdiction, a “nation within a nation,” fertilizer and energy security.
Here’s that portion of the town hall, unedited.
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02