Associate Press copy is provided via The Canadian Press
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — State-owned oil and gas company Qatar Energy signed on Saturday a deal with Total Energies for the Northfield South Expansion.
The partnership deal was signed by Saad Sherida al-Kaabi, Qatar’s Energy Minister and Patrick Pouyanne, Total Energies chief Executive, and took place in Doha, Qatar.
The deal comes at a time when Europe is searching for alternative sources of energy away from Russia.
The Northfield expansion project is made up of two distinct parts, namely the Northfield East or NFE project, which will increase the state of Qatar’s LNG production capacity from 77 to 110 million tons per annum, and Northfield South or NFS project, which will further increase Qatar’s liquefied natural gas or LNG production capacity from 110 to 126 million tonnes per annum.
Al Kaabi said Total Energies will have an effective net participation interest of 9.375% in the NFS project, out of a total of 25% available for international partner participation, while Qatar Energy will retain 75% interest. Other partners in this project will be announced in due course.
NFS is the world’s largest LNG development, and according to Al Kaabi “enjoys the advanced environmental characteristics, including significant carbon capture and sequestration technologies and capacity.”
In June and July of this year, Qatar Energy and Total Energies made five separate partnership announcements for the NFE project that will cost around $29 billion to construct.
Qatar is among the world’s top liquefied natural gas exporters and its state-owned company operates all of the country’s oil and gas exploration and production, making the peninsula-nation among the world’s richest per capita. The tiny country, which borders Saudi Arabia to the east, shares control with Iran of the world’s largest underwater natural gas field in the Persian Gulf.
- 0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0042 Sask Oilfield Services0042 Sask Oilfield Services
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02
Peter Zeihan, the guy who predicted 8 years ago Russia would invade Ukraine, takes the stage again and talks a lot about the war’s impact on oil and gas