Associate Press copy is provided via The Canadian Press
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — State-owned oil and gas company Qatar Energy signed on Saturday a deal with Total Energies for the Northfield South Expansion.
The partnership deal was signed by Saad Sherida al-Kaabi, Qatar’s Energy Minister and Patrick Pouyanne, Total Energies chief Executive, and took place in Doha, Qatar.
The deal comes at a time when Europe is searching for alternative sources of energy away from Russia.
The Northfield expansion project is made up of two distinct parts, namely the Northfield East or NFE project, which will increase the state of Qatar’s LNG production capacity from 77 to 110 million tons per annum, and Northfield South or NFS project, which will further increase Qatar’s liquefied natural gas or LNG production capacity from 110 to 126 million tonnes per annum.
Al Kaabi said Total Energies will have an effective net participation interest of 9.375% in the NFS project, out of a total of 25% available for international partner participation, while Qatar Energy will retain 75% interest. Other partners in this project will be announced in due course.
NFS is the world’s largest LNG development, and according to Al Kaabi “enjoys the advanced environmental characteristics, including significant carbon capture and sequestration technologies and capacity.”
In June and July of this year, Qatar Energy and Total Energies made five separate partnership announcements for the NFE project that will cost around $29 billion to construct.
Qatar is among the world’s top liquefied natural gas exporters and its state-owned company operates all of the country’s oil and gas exploration and production, making the peninsula-nation among the world’s richest per capita. The tiny country, which borders Saudi Arabia to the east, shares control with Iran of the world’s largest underwater natural gas field in the Persian Gulf.
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0056 OSY Rentals Hockey Draft 20230056 OSY Rentals Hockey Draft 2023
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0054 SIMSA Energy Forum0054 SIMSA Energy Forum
- 0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02