Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
Over the years, I’ve photographed many of the drilling rigs working in southeast Saskatchewan. It’s time for the 12 Rigs of Christmas! Over the next 12 days, you’ll see rigs of companies still here, and others that have come and gone. Some have changed names and colours. People have come and gone. But you know what? Our industry is still keeping our trucks fueled and our people warm. Please share these posts – you might be in them, or recognize others who are.
Red Dog Drilling Rig 3 was shot in July, 2013. It was just a gorgeous day, and a spectacular sunset. You might recognize some of these pictures, as this photo shoot seems to be the one people have stolen from the most. I’ve seen several of these shots used as backgrounds for one of those companies who have a log in screen in the company man’s shack. Somehow, they forgot to pay for them, or even ask for them. Another was made into a meme by a popular drilling Facebook page who had the nerve to put this text on it: “Nobody owns you a damn thing. Get off your ass and earn it.” Funny, he never did pay me for the photo. I’m still waiting for the cheque in the mail. Guess he didn’t earn it.
No matter. The guys in this photo shoot definitely did earn it. I ran into one of them this year. He’s now a company man, a wellsite supervisor.
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02