CALGARY — TC Energy Corp. says it will partner with GreenGasUSA to explore development of a network of renewable natural gas (RNG) transportation hubs.
TC Energy says it will build, own and operate the RNG transportation hubs in several U.S. states along its natural gas pipeline system within the next four years.
The first hub could be in service by the second quarter of 2023.
GreenGasUSA is a South Carolina-based company that will provide RNG to the transportation hubs.
Renewable natural gas is derived from decomposing organic waste. It is not a fossil fuel, so many companies are exploring its use as a way of decarbonizing the energy supply.
TC Energy says building RNG transportation hubs will provide centralized access to its existing pipeline network for renewable natural gas sources such as farms, wastewater treatment facilities and landfills.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 25, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:TRP)
The Canadian Press
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02