CALGARY — Keyera Corp. and Canadian National Railway Co. have signed a deal to evaluate building a rail terminal in Alberta to ship energy products.
The companies say they have signed a memorandum of understanding to look at the construction of a project in Alberta’s industrial heartland.
They say the new infrastructure would aggregate conventional and clean energy from multiple sources.
Keyera CEO Dean Setoguchi says the agreement builds on the strengths of each partner.
The plan calls for facility built on adjoining lands belonging to Keyera and CN.
It envisions a facility capable of handling six inbound and outbound high-capacity trains daily, once complete.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 17, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CNR, TSX:KEY)
The Canadian Press
News from © The Canadian Press, 2022. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0042 Sask Oilfield Services0042 Sask Oilfield Services
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02
Quick Dick McDick: Tuffnell at Ten takes on shutting down coal-fired power here to buy it from US, finance minister and Gov. Gen. travel, handgun ban