Dr. Tammy Nemeth is a energy security analyst residing in Oxford, UK. Dr. Nemeth grew up in Saskatchewan.
BRICS stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. A meeting in recent days has expanded that to include Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Ethiopia and Argentina. Given that Iran and Saudi Arabia are bitter enemies (a few years ago, Iran pummeled the Saudi’s largest oil facility with cruise missiles), this could make for very strange bedfellows.
On Aug. 28, Armando Cavanha, Tammy Nemeth, Irina Slav and David Blackmon discussed the implications of the expansion of BRICS for world energy issues. With the expanded membership, they will account for 46 per cent of world population and 43 per cent of oil production. Could this new group challenge the global dominance of the G7, of which Canada is a part? Blackmon thinks this is one of the most significant geopolitical developments of this century. Nemeth thinks Russia could use this to push de-dollarization for world trade.
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0054 SIMSA Energy Forum0054 SIMSA Energy Forum
- 0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02