Pipeline Online editor and owner Brian Zinchuk appeared on CJME/CKOM’s John Gormley Live on Thursday, Aug. 4. There were a large number of topics touched upon.
The conversation was fast and furious. It touched on Pierre Poilievre coming to Estevan, and coal miners bringing a load of coal to the event to make their point. Carbon capture and storage and enhanced oil recovery at the Weyburn Unit came up associated with that.
There’s 38 rigs working in Saskatchewan today, with several working on helium, and new entrant Grounded Lithium having just wrapped up its first targeted lithium well in this province – just the second to be drilled here. Cenovus has stepped up its drilling game in northwest Saskatchewan, a huge relief.
Jerry Mainil Ltd of Weyburn is helping a family of 7 coming there, offering work for three of the family members if they want it, and CEO Darcy McCormick is, today, moving furniture into the house that he arranged for them. McCormick served in the Canadian Army in the former Yugoslavia, so he knows something of war. This was done as part of the Sunflower Network, Saskatchewan people seeking to help Ukrainian refugees.
The sector is still crying for workers. Sun Country Well Servicing of Estevan and Oxbow is offering a signing bonus, retention bonus, and buddy bonus, on top of benefits.
That’s a lot to pack into a half-hour segment, so check it out below:
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0024 Southern Bolt Katrina Southern Folk Rock Intro
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02