Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
Alberta’s power grid saw wind power generation crater to 0.17 per cent on Wednesday, one day after it similarly cratered.
At 11:25 a.m. on Wednesday, May 10, the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) showed that wind power production had fallen to 6 megawatts, out of a nameplate capacity of 3,618 megawatts. That’s 0.17 per cent, or 17 ten-thousandths of capacity.
At this moment 84.2% of Alberta's electricity is being produced by fossil fuels. Wind is at 0.2% of capacity and producing 0.1% of total generation, while solar is at 78.6% of capacity and producing 10.31% of total generation. At the same time we are importing 587 MW or 6% pic.twitter.com/7yesMIBJnd
— Reliable AB Energy (@ReliableAB) May 10, 2023
It had been floating at these minimal levels for three hours. The previous hour, wind produced 12 megawatts. Two hours earlier, it was 14. Three hours earlier, the number was 30 megawatts. And four hours earlier, wind output was 74 megawatts.
Similarly, on May 9, Alberta saw wind power production fall below 100 megawatts for eight hours straight.
These numbers were reported by the Twitter bot account @ReliableAB, which posts hourly updates on the Alberta grid from data published by the AESO.
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0050 Pride Upkeep lawn0050 Pride Upkeep lawn
- 0048 Hutts Trucking Safety0048 Hutts Trucking Safety
- 0047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 20230047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 2023
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02