Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
CALGARY, MANKOTA – Helium Evolution’s continuing its farm-in strategy with Saskatchewan helium leader North American Helium (NAH), having just drilled their fifth well together. However, that well didn’t work out too well, so to speak.
The well in question was at 6-13-5-7W3, what Helium Evolution (HEVI) refers to as “Test Well Area #2”.
This well was pursuant to a previously announced seismic agreement announced in June and October of 2022. Test Well Area #2 is situated approximately 20 kilometers northeast of the NAH helium discovery at Mankota. NAH is responsible for 100 per cent of the drilling costs for Test Well Area #2, while HEVI retains a 20 per cent working interest in that well.
NAH has also informed HEVI of its intention to amend one of its previously selected locations from 5-36-3-9W3 to 12-36-3-9W3 (“Test Well Area #1”), due to surface issues at the originally selected location. As Test Well Area #1 is now relocated on native prairie with regulatory requirements only allowing drilling access on frozen ground conditions, HEVI has granted NAH an extension of the spud date from the original August 31, 2023 to a date that is on or before Nov. 1, 2023.
Test Well Area #2 was drilled and fully funded by HEVI’s farmout partner, North American Helium Inc. (“NAH”), pursuant to a previously announced farmout arrangement. Helium Evolution reported on Aug. 30 that after reaching total depth, NAH notified HEVI that Test Well Area #2 will be abandoned.
As for future plans, on or before November 1, 2023, the Mankota location selected at 5-36-3-9W3 (“Test Well Area #1”) is scheduled to be spud by NAH. On or before March 31, 2024, the Fox location selected at 11-13-13-29W3 (“Test Well #4”) is scheduled to be spud by NAH.
NAH is responsible for 100 per cent of the drilling costs for Test Well Area #1 and Test Well #4, while HEVI retains a 20 per cent working interest in the wells.
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0054 SIMSA Energy Forum0054 SIMSA Energy Forum
- 0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda0053 Kingston Midstream Westspur Alameda
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02