Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
HOUSTON, B.C. – In the wake of an alleged violent attack on Coastal GasLink pipeline workers near Houston, B.C., during the early morning hours of Feb. 17, an open question has been, “Where is the video?” In a day where nearly everyone carries a video camera on their cellphone, and surveillance cameras can be expected at major industrial sites, especially ones the subject of protests, wouldn’t at least some video surface in the days after the attack?
On Feb. 22, Houston RCMP released two very short video clips on YouTube. They did not show any of the equipment being used, nor the numbers of people the RCMP said took part. The two videos appear to be the same event from two different angles, where a person dressed in white and wearing a backpack approaches a white pickup truck and takes a swing at it with an axe, just as the truck starts to pull away. The axe-wielder’s face is obscured by a mask.
In a release, the police said, “Video footage obtained by investigators show several people, some armed with axes; storm the property, attack a company vehicle while an employee was inside the truck.
“The unknown individuals, who were similarly dressed, swung axes at the vehicle; spray painted the window and ignited what is suspected to be a flare gun. Thankfully, the CGL employees were not physically harmed.
“Our investigation remains ongoing, with the site awaiting for an environmental analysis to be conducted from the damaged heavy machinery. Access to the area remains controlled at this time to ensure the safety of analysts and investigators, and to preserve evidence at the scene.”
Here are the video clips. Neither has audio:
Clip 1 – 7 seconds
<iframe width=”720″ height=”405″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vO2G6LATu-Y” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Clip 2. – 10 seconds
<iframe width=”720″ height=”405″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/r34OzH1UARI” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02