Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
OTTAWA – Reaction in Ottawa was swift in response to the Alberta Court of Appeal’s ruling on the Impact Assessments Act, derided as its critics as the “No More Pipelines” bill.
Alberta took the 2019 act to that province’s Court of Appeal, with Saskatchewan as an intervenor, supporting Alberta’s case. That court overturned the act as unconstitutional.
It was a major win after a string of defeats on the federal carbon tax.
Conservative Leader of the Opposition Candice Bergen asked Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in question period, “Conservatives have always opposed Bill C-69, the No More Pipelines bill. It’s kneecapped Canada’s ability to develop and export our natural resources and killed jobs across the country. Bill C 69. was bad for Canada and frankly, the world, because of its negative effects. Alberta’s top court has just ruled C 69 as unconstitutional. Will the Liberals now reverse that terrible piece of legislation? Let Canadians get back to work, build pipelines and sell our energy to the world.”
Trudeau responded, “The Impacts Assessment Act delivered on an important promise we made to Canadians to reform a broken system, and restore public trust in how decisions about major projects are made. The previous Conservative government gutted environmental protections, eroded public trust and discouraged investment, and made it harder, not easier, for major projects to be built. We will be appealing this decision.”
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02