Here’s the ninth day of the 12 Rigs of Christmas! You’ll see rigs of companies still here, and others that have come and gone. Some have changed names and colours. People have come and gone. But you know what? Our industry is still keeping our trucks fueled and our people warm. Please share these posts – you might be in them, or recognize others who are.
This is Betts Drilling Rig 3. I first shot it in 2013. That’s includes the fisheye drone shots and the drill floor. The rig was nearly brand new at the time. The other set was shot this past summer. I was asked to take some photos of a new oil company firing up – GFY Resources. That sounded like tremendous news, so much so, that it became the very first story for this publication. You can see the video below.
By no small coincidence, GFY’s first hole was just a mile down the road from another well I photographed in 2011 – Betts Drilling’s first hole with its first rig.
And this video was shot this past summer.
And you can see the full 2013 gallery by clicking on the photo below.
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02