CALGARY — TC Energy Corp. is bringing back former chief executive Hal Kvisle to serve as chair of the board of the new liquids pipeline company it plans to spin off.
Kvisle was president and chief executive of TransCanada Corp., now named TC Energy, from 2001 to 2010.
TC Energy announced plans in July to split into two separate companies.
The plan will see TC Energy focus on natural gas infrastructure as well as nuclear, pumped hydro energy storage and new energy opportunities, while the new liquids pipeline company will focus on enhancing the value of its existing 4,900 kilometres of crude oil pipelines.
The new liquids pipeline business will be publicly traded and will be headquartered in Calgary, with an office in Houston.
The split is expected to be complete by the end of 2024.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 12, 2023.
Companies in this story: (TSX:TRP)
The Canadian Press
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior