By Amanda Stephenson in Calgary
Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. is buying Deltastream Energy Corp. for $1.425 billion, a move that Tamarack says solidifies its position as the largest producer in northern Alberta’s Clearwater heavy oil play.
In a news release Monday, Calgary-based Tamarack said it will pay $825 million in cash, $300 million in the form of a deferred acquisition payment and $300 million in equity comprised of about 80 million Tamarack shares, for Deltastream.
Deltastream, which is 85 per cent owned by ARC Financial, is a pure-play operator in the Clearwater — one of North America’s newest oil plays which saw its first development in 2016.
The Clearwater is considered to be the most economic oil play in North America, with wells that pay out in less than six months at current oil prices, said Brian Schmidt, chief executive of Tamarack Valley.
“Deltastream brings scale and a leading economic development drilling inventory, comprised of high quality, long life assets with low sustaining capital requirements that enhance capital allocation flexibility,” Schmidt said in the release.
The acquisition will add about 23,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of production in 2023, according to Tamarack.
In conjunction with the acquisition, Tamarack also said it will increase its monthly dividend by 25 per cent.
The company said it will pay 1.25 cents per share, up from a penny per share, starting with its November dividend, payable in December.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Sept. 12, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:TVE)
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02