The 2023 spring road restrictions come into force in Saskatchewan on Friday, April 7, according to an April 5 press release from the Ministry of Highways.
The announcement came roughly three weeks after the usual announcement of spring breakup road bans. That typically occurs within a few days of March 15, either before or after. This year, it’s 23 days after March 15.
These restrictions are used by the province and rural municipalities to mitigate potential damage to our highway system.
“Weight restrictions prevent damage during spring thaw to pavement and the ground beneath the road,” Highways Minister Jeremy Cockrill said. “They reduce maintenance costs and enhance safety.”
The road bans reduce allowable weights on RM roads and secondary weight on provincial highways by 10 to 15 per cent and usually last about six weeks.
Typically, the road restrictions begin in March, once winter weights end on March 15. However, due to colder weather last month, restrictions were delayed, the ministry said.
With warmer temperatures and longer days coming, the 2023 restrictions will be province wide. In previous years, bans have been phased in by region because spring temperatures arrive sooner in the south.
The 2023 spring restrictions will remain in place for up to six weeks.
To check which highways are impacted, please visit saskatchewan.ca/trucking. Spring road bans will be posted under the “New Spring Order” link.
Information is also available by contacting the Highway Hotline at saskatchewan.ca/highwayhotline or by calling 511.
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0050 Pride Upkeep lawn0050 Pride Upkeep lawn
- 0048 Hutts Trucking Safety0048 Hutts Trucking Safety
- 0047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 20230047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 2023
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02