Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
The Saskatchewan Industrial and Mining Suppliers Association (SIMSA) will be holding its Energy Forum virtually on Oct. 6.
Along with the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show in Weyburn, the Lloydminster Heavy Oil Show, and the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference, SIMSA’s event has become one of the key conferences for the Saskatchewan energy industry. The difference is those other events are held every two years, while SIMSA’s is usually every October.
The event used to be called the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Supply Chain Forum, and was held in Regina in early October for the last several years. However, like almost every other event, the 2020 date was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This year’s event was originally planned to be in-person, but rising COVID-19 numbers and restrictions led to it being switched to a virtual format.
The event will allow participants to hear from procurement persons and executives from energy sector companies on their capital plans. Participating companies often have some of the largest capital outlays in the sector, and their speakers usually go into depth on how suppliers can take part.
SIMSA executive director Eric Anderson said, “Our sector must keep moving and adapting to an everchanging world. Our event format revisions reflects this.”
Participating companies making presentation will include Crescent Point Energy Corp., one of Saskatchewan’s largest oil producers.
Geothermal power pioneer Deep Earth Energy Production Corp (DEEP) is continuing to develop its green energy project south of Torquay. Royal Helium has an active drilling program in southwest and southeast. Prairie Lithium recently spudded a lithium brine well near Torquay as well.
There will also be a presentation on small modular reactor procurement. Opening remarks will come from Minister of Energy and Resources Bronwyn Eyre.
Those who have already purchased an in-person ticket will be refunded $100 (the price difference between in-person and virtual ticket). Registration is available online and can be done here.
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02