Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
The Saskatchewan Industrial and Mining Suppliers Association (SIMSA) will be holding its Energy Forum virtually on Oct. 6.
Along with the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show in Weyburn, the Lloydminster Heavy Oil Show, and the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference, SIMSA’s event has become one of the key conferences for the Saskatchewan energy industry. The difference is those other events are held every two years, while SIMSA’s is usually every October.
The event used to be called the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Supply Chain Forum, and was held in Regina in early October for the last several years. However, like almost every other event, the 2020 date was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This year’s event was originally planned to be in-person, but rising COVID-19 numbers and restrictions led to it being switched to a virtual format.
The event will allow participants to hear from procurement persons and executives from energy sector companies on their capital plans. Participating companies often have some of the largest capital outlays in the sector, and their speakers usually go into depth on how suppliers can take part.
SIMSA executive director Eric Anderson said, “Our sector must keep moving and adapting to an everchanging world. Our event format revisions reflects this.”
Participating companies making presentation will include Crescent Point Energy Corp., one of Saskatchewan’s largest oil producers.
Geothermal power pioneer Deep Earth Energy Production Corp (DEEP) is continuing to develop its green energy project south of Torquay. Royal Helium has an active drilling program in southwest and southeast. Prairie Lithium recently spudded a lithium brine well near Torquay as well.
There will also be a presentation on small modular reactor procurement. Opening remarks will come from Minister of Energy and Resources Bronwyn Eyre.
Those who have already purchased an in-person ticket will be refunded $100 (the price difference between in-person and virtual ticket). Registration is available online and can be done here.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior