Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
TORONTO – On Nov. 18, Shawcor Ltd. announced that it has sold its oilfield asset management (OAM) operating unit to Force Inspection Services Inc., in a transaction generating at least C$15 million in gross proceeds.
Shawcor will retain OAM related Western Canadian real-estate assets which it may elect to sell at a future date. As part of the transaction, Shawcor has agreed to lease these properties to Force. The OAM business, reported within the Company’s Composite Systems (CS) segment, is a provider of downhole tubular inspection, repair and inventory management services to the Western Canadian energy market. It generated revenue of approximately C$38.1 million with an adjusted EBITDA of approximately C$5.3 million in the first nine months of 2022. Proceeds from the sale will be used to reduce the Company’s existing indebtedness and fund high-value growth opportunities.
Within Saskatchewan, Shawcor has locations at Regina, Lloydminster and Estevan.
“In September we announced our intent to review strategic alternatives for three operating units, including the Oilfield Asset Management business,” said Mike Reeves, President and CEO of Shawcor. “Executing this sale further demonstrates our continued commitment to simplify our portfolio, lower business volatility and elevate full-cycle margins and free cash flow. I would like to express my gratitude to the employees of OAM for their many contributions to Shawcor and wish them great success under their new ownership.”
With the completion of this transaction, the company’s CS reporting segment now consists of two operating units: the Xerxes® business, which manufactures fiberglass reinforced plastic underground storage tanks primarily for the retail fuel, storm water and wastewater markets; and the FlexPipe™ business, which manufactures flexible fiberglass reinforced composite pipe used for oil and gas gathering and water disposal lines, carbon dioxide injection lines and other applications requiring corrosion resistance and high-pressure capabilities.
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior