Saskatchewan business commentator and chair of Martin Charlton Communications. Martin is a veteran of the Saskatchewan business and media scene for almost five decades. He has seen and covered more stories than anyone in this market. For more content go to MyNewsroom.ca.
Editor’s note: With Russia having turned into an international pariah after its invasion of Ukraine, sanctions and the fact that some export ports are now in a war zone are having a tremendous impact on commodities. While Canada’s withered military doesn’t have much capability to contribute, especially if this war expands into NATO, there is something we can do: take up market share formerly occupied by Russia and Belarus in global markets. Every barrel of oil we produce, every tonne of potash or cubic metre of helium we can put on the market is one barrel, tonne or cubic metre we can displace from the invaders, and reduce their ability to finance this war. We might not be able to do much with our military (I was a reservist air force officer for seven years, so I have a bit of perspective on this), but we can fight them with our commodities. Even if our products, like oil, end up going to the United States, it frees up other volumes that would have gone to the States to go to Europe, or other places, instead. Brazil, for instance, is heavily reliant on Russian potash. Maybe we can start shipping there. This particular podcast talks about opening new markets.
To that end, Pipeline Online will be carrying some podcasts and other content from Saskatchewan business commentator and Chair of Martin Charlton Communications Paul Martin. Martin is an expert on Saskatchewan resources. Back in February, I had a chance to watch a webcast he did on how the time is now our commodities, and that was before a war broke out in Europe. It was quite impressive and inspiring, to say the least.
In this podcast, Paul Martin joins host Dan Gold to talk about how a comedian moved the needle when it came to building relationships in China. More content from Martin and his team at Martin Charlton Communications can be found at MyNewsroom.ca.
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0050 Pride Upkeep lawn0050 Pride Upkeep lawn
- 0048 Hutts Trucking Safety0048 Hutts Trucking Safety
- 0047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 20230047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 2023
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02
Guest column: How German Greens put Ukraine at risk, and now threaten Europeans with freezing in the dark