Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
SASKATOON – Royal Helium Ltd. announced on Jan. 23 it has initiated its 2023 exploration program in southwest Saskatchewan by flying approximately 5,960 line-kilometers of proprietary High Resolution Aeromagnetic (HRAM) data over its Cadillac and Swift Current helium properties in southwestern Saskatchewan.
The plan is to open up new areas to exploration, including Swift Current and Cadillac.
President and CEO Andrew Davidson said in a release, “With construction of our first purification facility well underway at Steveville, we are pleased to begin this year’s exploration programs on our helium permit land at Cadillac and Swift Current. The same HRAM program being utilized was a critical factor in the drilling successes at Climax, Val Marie, and Ogema. As an aggressive growth E&P company, we view exploration capex as a critical growth driver for the company and its shareholders.”
The Cadillac survey will cover approximately 4,800 line-kilometres and is designed to refine the basement structural architecture and identify drill targets correlating with historical seismic anomalies, known economic helium shows and current helium producing pools. The Cadillac survey is an extension of the previously acquired HRAM survey flown over Climax in 2019 and is aimed at expanding the known helium fairway approximately 75 km north to Cadillac.
The Swift Current HRAM survey will be approximately 1,160 line-kilometers in an area that has current helium production, and several historically mapped, deep-seated basement structures around the Wilhelm helium pool extending onto Royal’s property.
COO Shayne Neigum said, “Royal’s drilling successes to date can be attributed to our high-grade drill targets developed by correlating historic seismic, well data and mapping with deep, geophysics like this HRAM survey followed by detailed, targeted seismic surveys. We look forward to extending our helium fairway from Climax through to Cadillac and further north around the Wilhelm helium pool. The survey is designed to further define known anomalies, deep subsurface structures, potential closures and ultimately drill targets. Both Cadillac and Swift Current fields have current and past producing helium wells in close proximity to Royal’s helium permit land blocks.”
Royal’s exploration programs for the year include target reconnaissance, exploration, and drilling on all three main permit areas, SW Saskatchewan, SE Saskatchewan and Alberta. Details of each program will be announced as they are finalized, the company said.
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior