Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
WEYBURN – Rex Murphy will be one of the keynote speakers at the 2022 Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show in Weyburn.
The event will take place June 1-2, after a being postponed one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This biennial show is meant to showcase the oil industry as a long-standing tradition in the southeast. The show started in 1984 and continues to grow. “The Sask Oil & Gas Show is the industry’s premier event, every two years, combining exhibitors with cutting edge technology and equipment, world class speakers and awards recognizing excellence and lifelong contributions to the sector,” said chairperson Dan Cugnet in a release on Feb. 2.
The show includes not only oil-related exhibits but also a golf tournament, speakers and an awards ceremony celebrating the industry businesses.
Cugnet said, “It attracts exhibitors and attendees from all over North America to release new technologies and reunite with old friends. It really is the perfect mix of business and friendship.”
Murphy’s 2019 oil show speech has been viewed 66,516 times since it was posted on YouTube, or by roughly 100x the number of people who were able to attend in person. Murphy spoke about western alienation, carbon taxes and pipelines, among many other topics. He also emphasized how the oil and gas sector in Western Canada essentially saved Newfoundland at a time when its greatest industry, cod fishing, collapsed to due to the cod moratorium.
“Human lips should not be allowed to close on the word ‘carbon tax’ until the day that there are pipelines, in ground, full of oil, delivering it to foreign markets,” Murphy said in 2019.
This event is not only a business trade show but a great opportunity for colleagues and friends to network build and strengthen their business, according to organizers. Cugnet said, “We are so fortunate in southeast Saskatchewan to be at the forefront of technology and advancements in the energy sector whether that be in drilling practices, oilfield services, reservoir optimization or the global leading carbon sequestration projects happening. The Sask Oil Show attracts international visitors and exhibitors because of this, and it is really an opportunity for this part of the world to plant our flag in the ground and be proud of what we innovate and accomplish.”
Registration is open, and can be done online at https://www.oilshow.ca/register.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior