Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
REGINA – One of the largest industrial projects in Saskatchewan to occur each year is the annual Co-op Refinery Complex (CRC) spring shutdown, which began today, April 18.
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) said in a release they are investing more than $100 million over the next 40+ days as part of the refinery will be taken down for repairs, maintenance and upgrades. The investment is an integral part of ensuring that the Refinery continues to operate safely and reliably.
“Our annual Turnaround is one of the most important economic events in our community,” said Gil Le Dressay, vice president-manufacturing. “We invest significant financial resources in our facility during Turnaround. This year’s project also creates about 1,200 additional temporary jobs through the duration of the project. Our turnarounds are an investment in our future, ensuring the safety and reliability of our operations, as we continue to further our role as an economic engine for our local community, the Province of Saskatchewan, and all of Western Canada.”
2022 Turnaround officially begins today, April 18, and is scheduled to run until early June.
FCL noted that there will be increased traffic around the refinery. “The CRC wants to ensure the public is aware that peak traffic hours will occur between 5 and 7:30 a.m. and 4 and 7:30 p.m. as workers come and go during shift change,” it said in a release.
To help with traffic, CRC will be using Fleet Street for contractor parking. CRC’s security provider will manage the area around Gate 7 (just off Fleet Street) in an effort to minimize inconvenience or traffic delays for the public.
“While this is an exciting time for us all at the Refinery, it is also a time for heightened safety awareness and detailed planning,” said Le Dressay. “It is our collective responsibility to keep our site and our community safe. We’re committed to working with our people, partners and local community as we progress through this project.”
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior