Quick Dick McDick worked 19 years in the oilpatch before returning to Tuffnell to work on the farm and spout Saskatchewan wisdom
Before you start thinking this is just an agriculture issue, it’s not. Most nitrogen fertilizer is derived from natural gas, which is precisely why, when natural gas prices spiked in Europe with the Ukraine War, it became too expensive for many to make or buy nitrogen fertilizer there. The ramifications are huge.
And Quick Dick McDick talks in great detail about how the federal government wants to reduce nitrogen fertilizer usage by farmers.
Quick Dick also takes on the clean fuel standard, which is essentially a second carbon tax. That’s the requirement to use more biofuels in gasoline and diesel, which is grown on farmland, but with the reduction in nitrogren, would mean even more land would be needed.
Oh, and you’ve got to see his usage of five gallon pails and a red solo cup to explain Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0050 Pride Upkeep lawn0050 Pride Upkeep lawn
- 0048 Hutts Trucking Safety0048 Hutts Trucking Safety
- 0047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 20230047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 2023
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02
Rig report: Northwest Sask comes alive with drilling, extreme south sees three helium companies at work