Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
OXBOW – An Oxbow couple saw a need for a made-in-Saskatchewan oilfield directory, back in the days when things were hopping. In 2019, Connie and Art Hannah launched the Saskatchewan Oilfield Services app.
Connie works in admin at a local machine shop, while Art retired last July from 25 years as a fuel delivery hauler. Prior to that he had a varied oilfield career, from roughnecking to battery operator.
During those busy days, Connie said they would often hear people say, “I didn’t know you did that,” when it came to some businesses. This was a common refrain from hot shot drivers especially.
“I wonder how many other people out there are doing stuff we don’t know they’re doing?” Connie said on March 21 by phone.
She first played around with the idea of a website, but decided on an app instead. “That didn’t seem as handy as an app, and that seemed to be the way to go,” she said.
So Connie put herself to the task of developing the app, both for iPhone and Android operating systems. “It’s in both the App Store and Google Play.”
Look for “Saskatchewan Oilfield Services” in the search bar.
It first launched in March 2019. But in early 2020, the oilfield went to hell in a handbasket with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. “When everything kind of bit the dust there, we took it down, because it was costing money and nobody was doing anything. So then we relaunched it in April of 2022, and now we seem to be generating some interest, I think.”
The app is similar to a Yellow Pages for the Saskatchewan oilfield. There’s no cost to download it, or to look up services on it. The Hannahs sell businesses subscriptions to it, which is basically buying a listing. Listings are divided into categories, like just like a phonebook.
They’re pretty easy to get along with, and okay with making changes and updates to listings as needed. And they’ll even include listings in the employment openings portion of the app. So if you’re looking for workers, you can post job listings there.
Their focus is very much Saskatchewan-based, focusing on Saskatchewan companies. “We advertise for Saskatchewan companies. They’re either based in Saskatchewan or employee Saskatchewan people,” Connie said.
They’ll also help out with promotion on social media like LinkedIn.
More information can be found at https://saskoilfieldservices.com/
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior