Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
WEYURN – After a year’s hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Weyburn Oilfield Technical Society Bonspiel is back again this Feb. 4-5.
As of Jan. 25, the event is full, according to Rob Sommerville, one of the organizers.
“She’s still a go on February 4th and 5th. And we’re at 24 teams, which is a full rink for us. We had one team back out and another one that they’re going to sign up, so I think we’re going to be alright,” he said on Jan. 25.
Like just about every other event, last year the bonspiel was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sommerville noted they didn’t want the bonspiel to fade away. The last event took place in 2020, just before the pandemic took hold.
“We honestly said if we were going to hit 16, we would be happy. We just didn’t want to cancel and keep cancelling it, then everyone kind of forgets about it and time moves on. So we said let’s put it on. If we had 16 teams, that’ll be a goal. At the end of it, we had overwhelming response from everybody.”
They will have to follow whatever the public health rules are at the time. That includes requiring all present to be vaccinated or having a negative COVID test 72 hours prior. Rapid antigen tests will be good enough.
“I can’t wait for it, to be honest. And everybody kind of feels the same way, too,” he said. “Everybody felt like their life has kind of been on hold for such a period of time, to feel a bit of normality is a good feeling. And after a cold January, it makes me feel even better.
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior