Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
Drilling activity in Saskatchewan on Nov. 21 was notably lower in three regions, and up a bit in the fourth.
That’s according to RiggerTalk.com, which publishes data from the Canadian Association of Energy Contractors (CAOEC).
There was one highlight, however, in that several small junior oil companies have gotten back in the field, drilling in southeast Saskatchewan.
Northwest Saskatchewan saw a bit of an uptick, with nine drilling rigs working. Cenovus Energy Inc. had rigs working at Paradise Hill, Spruce Lake, Marie Hill, Rush Lake and two near Pikes Peak South. That’s some of the highest rig counts seen by Cenovus in the area since it took over Husky Energy.
Strathcona Resources had a rig at Vawn and a second at Meota.
West central Saskatchewan was almost bereft of rigs, with only three drilling in the whole region. Teine Energy Inc. had one rig working south of Stranraer, while Novus Energy Inc. had one rig near Major. Baytex Energy had one rig southeast of Elrose.
In southwest Saskatchewan, Crescent Point Energy had one rig working northwest of Shaunavon and a second right beside Frontier. For the first time in a long time, North American Helium did not have any drilling rigs listed in the region. In recent months, they’ve been operating two rigs in the southwest.
Southeast Saskatchewan was also hurting, with just nine rigs working, of which one was actually drilling for Wester Potash Corp. near Lajord, southeast of Regina. There was not one rig working west of Estevan, with no activity in the Torquay (Flat Lake) area, Weyburn or Midale units.
Two rigs were working east of Corning, one for Saturn Oil & Gas, and the second for Crescent Point. Crescent Point also had a rig working at Viewfield, and another southeast of Stoughton, for a total of five rigs in the province. Six years ago, the company frequently had over 20, and even as many as 27 rigs working in Saskatchewan.
Pemoco Ltd. had on rig working west of Gapview, northeast of Stoughton.
Anova Resources had one rig working north of Lampman.
Taprock was drilling with one rig north of Alameda.
Spectrum Resources had one rig working northwest of Northgate, in an area where Vermillion has been operating one of the top producing oilwells in the province for much of the past year.
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior