Crescent Point Energy Corp. said Monday it has resumed production at its operations that were shut in due to the Alberta wildfires.
The Calgary-based company was one of a number of oil and gas producers that was forced to temporarily halt output in the Kaybob Duvernay region earlier this month as wildfires blazed in central and northern Alberta.
At one point, analysts estimated that more than 200,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of production was shut in across Alberta.
But as the situation improves, some companies have been able to resume operations. Crescent Point said that over the past week it has brought back on stream the full 45,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d) of Kaybob Duvernay production that had been put on hold.
It says no damage has occurred to the company’s assets.
On Monday, Paramount Resources Ltd. also said it has restored the majority of production that it had temporarily curtailed. Paramount said it has fully resumed operations in the Grande Prairie Region, and all but 5,000 of the 14,000 boe/d still shut in the Kaybob region is expected to be producing again within a week.
Alberta remains in a state of emergency, with the fire danger considered to be very high in the northern regions of the province and moderate to high in the central and southern regions.
There are currently 50 active wildfires burning in the province, with 14 out of control.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 29, 2023.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CPG, TSX:POU)
The Canadian Press
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior