CALGARY — Calfrac Well Services Ltd. says it is suspending any investments in Russia.
The company says despite the fact that the provision of parts and equipment are not restricted by sanctions, it cancelled shipments that were bound for Russia when the country invaded Ukraine.
It has also cancelled any future shipments of parts and equipment into Russia.
Calfrac says its Western-based employees involved with its Russian operations are currently not in Russia.
The company joins a long list of Canadian companies that have suspended operations in Russia in response to the country’s war against Ukraine.
Calfrac provides specialized oilfield services to exploration and production companies in Canada, the United States, Argentina and Russia.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published March 29, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CFW)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02