Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
Supporting ongoing economic reconciliation, 63 hectares (156 acres) of Crown mineral rights will be transferred to Ocean Man First Nation upon the surface attaining reserve status, the Government of Saskatchewan said in a press release on May 4.
“These transfers are part of Saskatchewan’s continued commitment to work with our partners to transfer land and minerals to reserve status, directly supporting the growth of First Nation communities,” Minister Responsible for First Nations, Métis and Northern Affairs Don McMorris said. “The facilitation of reserve creation directly supports the growth of First Nation communities and continues to serve an important role in the ongoing economic reconciliation between governments and Saskatchewan’s First Nations.”
This transfer abides by the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement for the Facilitation of the Implementation of Specific Claims Settlements, signed by the Governments of Saskatchewan and Canada on March 31, 2000.
To transfer mineral rights, First Nations submit a written request to the Government of Saskatchewan identifying the Crown minerals for selection. The First Nation and the Government of Saskatchewan negotiate the purchase price for the minerals, with all sales requiring the consent of any existing Crown mineral rights holder. Once all conditions are met, the Crown minerals are transferred to the Government of Canada through a Mineral Order in Council, which takes effect upon reserve creation.
With the acquisition of new reserve lands, successful Specific Claims Settlement Agreements, signed between First Nations and the Government of Canada, support community growth and traditional land use as well as partnerships between First Nations, businesses and neighbouring communities, advance opportunities for business development in urban centres, and create economic development and employment opportunities in the mining, oil and gas, business and agriculture sectors.
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0050 Pride Upkeep lawn0050 Pride Upkeep lawn
- 0048 Hutts Trucking Safety0048 Hutts Trucking Safety
- 0047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 20230047 Estevan Oilfield Technical Society 2023
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02