Imperial Oil Ltd. is going ahead with a $720-million project to build a renewable diesel facility at its Strathcona refinery near Edmonton.
The project, first announced in August 2021, is expected to produce 20,000 barrels per day of renewable diesel once it is complete.
That will make it the largest facility of its kind in Canada, upon its expected completion in 2025, and one of the largest renewable diesel complexes in North America.
Federal Minister of Natural Resources Jonathan Wilkinson announced on Jan. 25 an intake for “expressions of interest for carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) research, development and demonstration (RD&D) projects and related science activities focused on carbon storage and transportation”
The Regina-based Petroleum Technology Research Centre (PTRC) has been heavily involved with such research for over 20 years. This includes the original research done on the Weyburn and Midale carbon dioxide-enhanced oil recovery projects that is now concluded, and ongoing work at the Aquistore project, part of SaskPower’s Boundary Dam Unit 3 Integrated Carbon Capture and Storage Project.
On Wednesday, Jan. 25, Minister of Natural Resources Jonathan Wilkinson made a significant announcement on the carbon capture, utilization and storage front, calling for expressions of interest for research, development and demonstration projects.
Oilsands executives insist they are all in on cutting emissions and will make big investments in green technology, but they maintain there isn’t a place to invest that money yet.
Many companies are coming off a year of windfall profits not because they pumped out more product, but because the war in Ukraine and global supply chain crunches pushed world oil prices way up.
REGINA – This spring’s Williston Basin Petroleum Conference has a new addition, with the Saskatchewan CCUS Summit. It comes at a time when interest is gathering steam.
CCUS stands for carbon capture, utilization and storage, and after literal decades of being implemented in Saskatchewan via the Weyburn and Midale Units, as well as Aquistore, the rest of the world is waking up to its promise.
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02