CALGARY — Vermilion Energy Inc. says it plans to reinstate its dividend in the first quarter of 2022 even though its net loss more than doubled in its latest quarter despite a big increase in revenues.
The oil and gas producer says the payout, subject to final board approval, will be five to 10 per cent of fund flows from operations.
The Calgary-based company says it lost $147.1 million or 91 cents per share in the third quarter, compared with a loss of $69.9 million or 44 cents per share a year earlier. The loss is also above the $451.3 million or $2.70 per share earned in the second quarter.
Revenues for the three months ended Sept. 30 were $538.5 million, up from $282 million in the third quarter of 2020 and $407.2 million in the prior quarter.
Vermilion was expected to earn 35 cents per share on $435 million in revenues, according to financial data firm Refinitiv.
Fund flows from operations was $263 million, up from $114.8 million a year ago and $172.9 million in the second quarter, primarily due to higher commodity prices.
Production in the quarter averaged 84,633 barrel of equivalent per day, down from 95,471 boe/d in the third quarter of 2020.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 9, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:VET)
The Canadian Press
News from © The Canadian Press, 2021. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0042 Sask Oilfield Services0042 Sask Oilfield Services
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02