CALGARY — Surge Energy Inc. says it has signed a deal to buy Fire Sky Energy Inc. in an agreement valued at $58 million.
Fire Sky owns assets producing more than 1,500 barrels of oil equivalent per day focused in Surge’s core area in southeast Saskatchewan.
The deal will see Surge issue 11.2 million shares and assume about $3 million in net debt.
Surge says the transaction adds highly concentrated light oil reserves, production, land and infrastructure in a core area for the company.
The deal is expected to close by Oct. 30.
Surge forecasts that following the transaction its average production next year will be 21,500 boepd.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 4, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:SGY)
The Canadian Press
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02