CALGARY — Suncor Energy Inc. says it has assumed operatorship of the Syncrude oilsands project in a bid to improve its performance.
The Calgary-based company agreed to become the operator of the Syncrude Joint Venture, one of the largest operations in the oilsands last year.
Suncor CEO Mark Little says the company will build on the strength of the other Suncor-operated assets in the region to improve operating performance and unlock significant value.
Suncor holds a majority stake in Syncrude with 58.74 per cent.
Imperial Oil Resources Ltd. owns 25 per cent, while Sinopec Oil Sands Partnership holds 9.03 per cent and CNOOC Oil Sands Canada owns 7.23 per cent.
In addition to Syncrude, Suncor operates several other assets in the same region including its Oil Sands Base Plant, in situ assets Firebag and McKay River, as well as the Fort Hills Limited Partnership.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 1, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:SU, TSX:IMO)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02