CALGARY — Fuel marketer and convenience store retailer Parkland Corp. says it has reached a deal to acquire M&M Food Market for $322 million.
The Calgary-based company says its acquisition of the Mississauga-based frozen food retailer includes over 300 stand-alone franchise and corporate owned stores, over 2,000 M&M Express locations and a well-established rewards program with approximately two million active members.
Parkland says the acquisition is part of a diversification strategy aimed at expanding its proprietary food offer, customer reach and innovation pipeline.
It says M&M will create quality food options that Parkland customers can consume fresh-from-frozen, both on site and on the go, and prepare from frozen at home.
The food items will be sold through Parkland’s existing network as well as its soon-to-be-launched standalone ON the RUN convenience locations.
The acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2022.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 18, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:PKI)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02