CALGARY — Imperial Oil Ltd. earned a third-quarter profit of $908 million as it reported its highest production for the quarter in more than 30 years and benefited from higher oil prices.
The company says the profit amounted to $1.29 per diluted share for the quarter ended Sept. 30 compared with a profit of $3 million or zero cents per diluted share in the same quarter last year.
Revenue and other income totalled $10.23 billion, up from $5.96 billion a year ago.
Imperial says production averaged 435,000 gross oil-equivalent barrels per day for the quarter, up from 365,000 in the same period of 2020, helped by strong operating performance and the absence of planned turnaround activity.
Refinery throughput averaged 404,000 barrels per day, up from 341,000 barrels per day in the third quarter of 2020.
The company’s upstream business earned $524 million in the quarter compared with a loss of $74 million a year ago, while its downstream business earned $293 million compared with a profit of $77 million in the same quarter last year. Chemical net income was $121 million in the third quarter, up from $27 million.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 29, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:IMO)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02