CALGARY — Enerflex Ltd. has signed an all-stock deal to buy U.S. company Exterran Corp. in an agreement that values the company at about US$735 million.
Under the transaction, Enerflex will issue 1.021 of its shares for each Exterran share.
Enerflex shares were down C$1.53 at C$6.37 in trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange after the agreement was announced.
The deal, which is expected to close in the second or third quarter of this year, requires approval by both Exterran and Enerflex shareholders as well as regulatory and other approvals.
Upon closing of the deal, Enerflex shareholders will own 72.5 per cent of the combined company, while Exterran shareholders will hold 27.5 per cent.
Enerflex is a supplier of natural gas compression, oil and gas processing, refrigeration systems, and electric power generation equipment. The company says the deal will strengthen its ability to serve customers in key natural gas, water, and energy transition markets.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 24, 2022.
Companies in this story: (TSX:EFX)
The Canadian Press
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02