CALGARY — Crescent Point Energy Corp. reported a third-quarter profit of $77.5 million, up from $500,000 a year earlier, helped by higher energy prices and increased production.
The company says the profit amounted to 13 cents per diluted share for the quarter ended Sept. 30. Oil and gas sales totalled $826.7 million, up from $437.0 million a year ago.
On an adjusted basis, Crescent Point says its net earnings from operations were 24 cents per diluted share, up from 13 cents per diluted share in the same quarter last year.
The increase came as average daily production came in at 132,186 barrels of oil equivalent per day, up from 113,383 boe/d a year ago.
In an update to its outlook, Crescent Point says it expects production this year to average 132,000 to 134,000 boe/d, at the high end of its earlier guidance for between 130,000 and 134,000 boe/d. Capital spending is now expected to be about $625 million, at the top end of its earlier guidance for between $600 and $625 million.
In its preliminary guidance for 2022, the company says production is forecast to average between 131,000 and 135,000 boe/d with a budget of $825 to $900 million in development capital spending.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 28, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CPG)
The Canadian Press
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02