CALGARY — Cenovus Energy Inc. says it has reached a deal to sell its Tucker thermal oilsands project in northeast Alberta for $800 million.
The Calgary-based company did not immediately disclose the name of the buyer.
Cenovus says the sale will reduce net debt and enhance the company’s ability to increase shareholder returns.
Cenovus says Tucker’s expected average 2022 production is between 18,000 barrels and 21,000 barrels of oil per day.
Tucker is one of four oilsands projects operated by Cenovus in northeastern Alberta.
Cenovus says the deal is expected to close in late January.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 16, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CVE)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02