CALGARY — Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (CNRL) says it has reached a deal to acquire Calgary-based oil and gas explorer Storm Resources Ltd. for $6.28 per share, a price that pegs Storm’s enterprise value at $960 million.
The purchase price represents an all-time high share price for Storm, as well as a premium of 10 per cent to Storm’s 10-day volume-weighted average trading price on the Toronto Stock Exchange as of the close of markets on Tuesday.
The deal will give CNRL access to Storm’s existing production and infrastructure in the Montney area of northeast British Columbia, where CNRL already has operations.
CNRL says Storm’s current production in the area is approximately 136 million cubic feet per day of natural gas and 5,600 barrels per day of natural gas liquids.
As part of the proposed deal, CNRL will assume Storm’s total debt of approximately $186 million. The deal is expected to close in December.
In August 2020, CNRL acquired another Montney producer, Painted Pony Energy Ltd., for $469 million.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 10, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CNQ, TSK:SRX)
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02