CALGARY — Calfrac Well Services Ltd. reported a loss in its latest quarter as its revenue more than doubled compared with a year ago.
The oilfield services company says it lost $1.5 million or four cents per diluted share for the quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with a loss of $50 million or $17.20 per diluted share in the same quarter last year.
Revenue totalled $295.8 million, up from $127.8 million a year ago.
Calfrac says the increase in revenue was mainly due to its fracturing job count more than doubling compared with a year ago, resulting primarily from higher activity in all operating divisions.
President and chief operating officer Lindsay Link said the results for the third quarter topped expectations due to strong year-over-year growth in equipment utilization in all of its operating divisions.
Calfrac underwent a recapitalization plan late last year that saw holders of its senior unsecured notes swap debt for shares, leaving existing shareholders with a reduced stake in the company.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 2, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:CFW)
The Canadian Press
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02