CALGARY — Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. says it has completed the acquisition of Inter Pipeline Ltd.
The transaction was approved near unanimously by Inter Pipeline shareholders and received final approval from an Alberta court.
Shareholders other than Brookfield Infrastructure had until Tuesday afternoon to receive $20 in cash, one-quarter of a Brookfield share or a combination of the two.
Cash was the selection option for holders of 68.7 million Inter Pipeline shares while Brookfield shares were chosen by the holders of 32.4 million shares.
Inter Pipeline shares are expected to be delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange at the end of Monday trading.
Brian Baker was appointed interim CEO following the resignation of Christian Bayle.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 28, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:IPL, TSX:BIPC)
The Canadian Press
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior