CALGARY — Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. says it has completed the acquisition of Inter Pipeline Ltd.
The transaction was approved near unanimously by Inter Pipeline shareholders and received final approval from an Alberta court.
Shareholders other than Brookfield Infrastructure had until Tuesday afternoon to receive $20 in cash, one-quarter of a Brookfield share or a combination of the two.
Cash was the selection option for holders of 68.7 million Inter Pipeline shares while Brookfield shares were chosen by the holders of 32.4 million shares.
Inter Pipeline shares are expected to be delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange at the end of Monday trading.
Brian Baker was appointed interim CEO following the resignation of Christian Bayle.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 28, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:IPL, TSX:BIPC)
The Canadian Press
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02