CALGARY — Baytex Energy reported a third-quarter profit of $32.7 million and said it expects to generate record cash flow for the year thanks to surging commodity prices.
The Calgary-based oil and gas company says it earned 35 cents per diluted share in the three months ended Sept. 30, up from a net loss of $23 million or four cents per share in the same period a year ago.
Production during the third quarter averaged 79,872 barrels of oil equivalent per day, compared with 81,162 boe/d in the second quarter of 2021.
Baytex says it generated free cash flow of $101 million in the quarter which brings the company’s year-to-date free cash flow to $284 million.
Baytex says it has directed 100 per cent of its free cash flow this year to reduce its net debt, which now sits at $1.56 billion, down from $1.85 billion at the beginning of the year.
The company says at current commodity prices, it now expects to generate record levels of free cash flow for the year in excess of $400 million.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 4, 2021.
Companies in this story: (TSX:BTE)
The Canadian Press
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02