EDMONTON — Alberta Premier Jason Kenney says he will travel to Washington to discuss issues including COVID-19 and pipelines with American leaders.
Kenney says he wants to talk about cross-border supply chain issues, including a ban by both countries on entry by truckers not vaccinated against COVID-19.
Kenney says the ban further aggravates supply bottlenecks and leads to higher prices for consumers.
He says he will also lobby to increase access to the U.S. for Canadian oil through transborder pipelines.
The National Governors Association meeting begins Friday and hosts governors from across the United States.
Alberta is opening three new trade and investment offices in Chicago, Denver and Seattle and expanding its office in Washington.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 27, 2022
The Canadian Press
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior