EDMONTON — Alberta Premier Jason Kenney says he will travel to Washington to discuss issues including COVID-19 and pipelines with American leaders.
Kenney says he wants to talk about cross-border supply chain issues, including a ban by both countries on entry by truckers not vaccinated against COVID-19.
Kenney says the ban further aggravates supply bottlenecks and leads to higher prices for consumers.
He says he will also lobby to increase access to the U.S. for Canadian oil through transborder pipelines.
The National Governors Association meeting begins Friday and hosts governors from across the United States.
Alberta is opening three new trade and investment offices in Chicago, Denver and Seattle and expanding its office in Washington.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 27, 2022
The Canadian Press
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02