The proposed Keystone XL pipeline had been the subject of a decade-plus battle that pitted the energy industry against environmentalists.
Biden revoked the permit for Keystone XL shortly after his inauguration last year.
Calgary-based TC Energy, the company behind the proposed pipeline, filed a similar claim in July seeking US$15 billion, after formally cancelling the project and taking a $2.2-billion writedown.
The Alberta government had invested in the project and was left on the hook for $1.3 billion when it was cancelled.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 9, 2022.
The Canadian Press
- 0036 Prairie Lithium - Chad Glemser 30 Sec
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02