CALGARY — Keyera Corp. is marking the opening of its KAPS pipeline, a 575-kilometre pipeline in Alberta which will provide additional transportation capacity to natural gas producers in Western Canada.
The recently completed KAPS pipeline will transport 350,000 barrels per day of natural gas liquids and condensate from the Montney and Duvernay production basins to Keyera Corp.’s liquids processing and storage hub in Fort Saskatchewan, northeast of Edmonton.
KAPS is operated by Keyera — one of Canada’s largest independent midstream energy infrastructure businesses — and 50 per cent owned by Stonepeak, an alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets.
Keyera says the pipeline will advance Alberta’s energy industry by allowing producers to grow natural gas production.
Canada is the world’s fifth-largest producer and fourth-largest exporter of natural gas.
U.S. benchmark Henry Hub prices for natural gas are at a seven-month high, with the November futures contract up six cents Wednesday at US$3.01 per mmBTU.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 4, 2023.
Companies in this story: (TSX:KEY)
The Canadian Press
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior