Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
The principal advocacy organization for major pipelines in this country is shutting down. Chris Bloomer, president and CEO of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA), posted the following statement on the organization’s website about its impending shut down on Dec. 31. As of Dec. 15, this is the only thing visible on the organization’s web page:
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) have decided that December 31, 2021 will be the final day of operations for CEPA after 28 years.
CEPA expresses its gratitude to its members past and present and for the countless partners across North America whose unwavering commitment to the transmission pipeline industry was inspiring and productive. This includes industry, contractors, community members, elected officials, Indigenous partners and most importantly, our employees. The work of associations like CEPA is driven by people, their passion and commitment and we celebrate your contributions.
We are very proud of the hard work and dedication that our colleagues poured into our activities throughout the years on pipeline safety, integrity and advocacy for one of the most important industries and infrastructure in Canada. In addition, CEPA made tremendous and lasting contributions to the energy policy landscape in Canada, and we can be proud that our industry is viewed as collaborative and forward-thinking.
As we have continuously advocated, the industry will provide reliable, abundant, and low-cost energy to key North American markets and beyond while stepping up to embrace a new energy landscape, with a renewed focus on being both safe and sustainable. Our industry will play an essential role within the energy mix of the future both in Canada and globally. This includes key elements of the energy future such as CO2 transportation for sequestration and utilization and the hydrogen economy.
Again, thank you for all the valued contributions. CEPA made a strong contribution during its time and all of you should be tremendously pleased with what we have accomplished together.
CEPA President and CEO
- 0062 TED_EPAC_Technology_300062 TED_EPAC_Technology_30
- 0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask0061 SIMSA 2024 For Sask Buy Sask
- 0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building0060 Arizona Lithium Lease building
- 0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator0059 Southeast College Heavy Equipment Operator
- 0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket0058 Royal Helium Steveville opens anonymous rocket
- 9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX9002 Pipeline Online 30 sec EBEX
- 0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office0055 Smart Power Be Smart with your Power office
- 0015 Latus Viro0015 Latus Viro
- 0052 Predator Inspections0052 Predator Inspections
- 0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly0051 JML Hiring Pumpjack assembly
- 0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar0049 Scotsburn Dental soft guitar
- 0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan0046 City of Estevan This is Estevan
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior