Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
Minister of Justice & Attorney General Bronwyn Eyre released this statement on Jan. 31 regarding federal “Just Transition” legislation. Notably, Eyre was long-time Minister of Energy and Resources prior to this current appointment.
There are more questions than answers regarding the federal government’s proposed “Just Transition” legislation.
While our expectation is that the federal government has taken into account Saskatchewan’s feedback and perspective, we won’t know until the legislation is tabled this spring.
Until that time, what we can say as a government to Saskatchewan’s workers and to Saskatchewan’s industries is this: we have your back.
There are over 70,000 people directly and indirectly employed by our agriculture and energy sectors – sectors which are vital to not only our province, but also to our country and indeed the world. Our agriculture sector is the most sustainable in the world, producing more product and doing so with fewer emissions. The same goes for our energy sector, which continues to innovate the extraction and refinement of oil and gas, responsibly and ethically.
The men and women in these sectors are literally working to put food on the table and keep the lights on. At a time when governments in every jurisdiction are working to provide food and energy security, we expect that the federal government has taken into account our sectors’ ability to provide just that.
While we will be watching the federal government’s next moves very closely, any legislation that eliminates jobs or that reduces output of the most sustainable products in the world will not be accepted by Saskatchewan and will be met with the tools we have available to protect and preserve both our jobs and our future.
- 0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P0045 WBPC 2023 Bright Colors P
- 0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore0044 PTRC CCUS Aquistore
- 0043 ALX ten sizes0043 ALX ten sizes
- 0042 Sask Oilfield Services0042 Sask Oilfield Services
- 0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third0039 Summit ESP Saskatchewan lower third
- 0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build0041 DEEP Since 2018 now we are going to build
- 0040 Southeast College safety tickets0040 Southeast College safety tickets
- 0033 Buffalo Potash Jared Small Footprint
- 0032 IWS Summer hiring rock trailer music
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02