Brian Zinchuk is editor and owner of Pipeline Online
LLOYDMINSTER – Just three weeks from now, Lloydminster will be hosting its first heavy oil show since 2018. The event will take place Sept. 14-15, with a banquet on Sept. 13.
You see, there was supposed to be a show in 2020, but then a little thing called COVID-19 happened, and that put an end to that.
So it’s an opportunity for the industry in northwest Saskatchewan to get back together again, in person, break bread at some meals, talk shop in the trade show, and get back to finding the best way to produce heavy oil.
Roger Deeks, president of the Lloydminster Oilfield Technical Society, said on the Tuesday night banquet they have Rob Morgan, CEO of Strathcona Resources, as the keynote speaker.
David Yager, a columnist with Pipeline Online and the Canadian Energy Centre, will be doing a fireside chat with Morgan. There will be greetings from the Saskatchewan and Alberta governments as well.
Things kick off in a big way on Wednesday, Sept. 14, with the Oil Sands Pathways breakfast. Rhona Delfrari from Cenovus will be doing an. She will also be doing another presentation at industry update then lunch time with Saskatchewan Minister of Energy and Resources Jim Reiter and a representative of the Alberta government.
“The show opens at 9 a.m. on Wednesday,” Deeks said. The show closes at 5 p.m., followed by the ChampionX Shrimp Boil.
Doors reopen at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15 and close at 4 p.m.
There are not entrance fees for the public to attend the show. That’s in contrast to the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show held in Weyburn this past June, which, for the first time, charged a $10/day entrance fee.
- 0029 Latus Viro updated Latus phone
- 0031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_20220031 Lloydminster_Heavy_Oil_Show_2022
- 0027 TED_NA Helium 2021_30
- 0028 SIMSA_Energy_Forum_2022
- 0025 Kendalls
- 0026 Buffalo Potash Quinton Salt
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02