In case you missed it: Premier Scott Moe sat down with Pipeline Online on Dec. 14 to discuss energy issues of the past year. It was likely the only year-end interview that did not touch on COVID-19, but rather energy. The interview starts with the end of the seven year slump in oil prices and the federal government’s plan to cap greenhouse gas emissions from the oil and gas industry. He also talks about how the Clean Fuel Standard is helping the agriculture sector, but meant to hurt the energy sector. Next Moe talks about energy security and food security being everything, and the missed opportunities Canada has forsaken because of cancelled pipeline and LNG projects. A labour shortage is already on everyone’s lips in the energy sector, and Moe talks about addressing it. Then Moe talks about helium, lithium and geothermal development, all of which are entirely dependent on the oil and gas industry. He also talks about sorting out competing mineral rights for development. The province is looking at that now. Moe also extends his greetings for Christmas.
This is the full interview.
- 0023 LC Trucking tractor picker hiring mix
- 0022 Grimes winter hiring
- 0021 OSY Rentals S8 Promo
- 0020 Sk Oil Show PO Ad 02 speakers with voiceover
- 0019 Jerry Mainil Ltd hiring dugout
- 0018 IWS Hiring Royal Summer
- 0017 eventworx
- 0016 Estevan Meter Services
- 0014 Buffalo Potash What if PO
- 0015 Latus Viro PO Ad 01
- 0013 Panther Drilling PO ad 03 top drive rigs
- 0006 JK Junior
- 0004 Royal Helium PO Ad 02